Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What a Waste

I did what with my day??
That's basically how I feel about my day today. I had the day free from work due to a lovely invention called "in-service", and what did I do with it? Travel to some interesting and exciting locale that must be taken as a day trip from Seoul? Explore new neighborhoods in Seoul itself? Wander the labyrinth of COEX mall, the largest in Asia?

No. I cleaned my goshiwon (고시원)... and talked to myself (a large part of what I do with this blog, anyway). My tiny little goshiwon, one that can barely be described as an apartment, is now impeccably clean. Of course, in its way, this feels like a great accomplishment. I'm living comfortably, everything smells nice, and I've finally done my dishes. But it is almost as though I feel an obligation to do things that are less mundane.

I'll be looking forward to the weekend again, then. I registered with Cheongwadae, the Blue House, and will be going on a (Korean language) tour with them on Saturday. Then Sunday, I'm off again to Cheorwon for some rafting and bungee jumping. I might even do something on Thursday afternoon in Seoul, as I've knocked out a large portion of my "to-do" list today.

But, still. What a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment